Lobster Pasta Salad

You can buy already packaged lobster tails if you don't want to go through the hassle of cooking live lobsters. I have never cooked fresh lobster because I am scared of them. I don't like the idea of bringing something home alive then killing it in boiling water and eating it. 
The thought of, it was alive a few minutes ago, will be in my head. I like eating lobster but I prefer the pre packaged kind when I am making an at home recipe.
Looking for a light quick filling recipe for lobster? I have one you could try called lobster pasta salad that is easy to make and tastes great.
Ingredients
1 box pasta shells                                            
1 lb lobster tails frozen
1 tbsp olive oil
2 to 3 leeks if they are small
Roasted bell peppers (orange, yellow, or red)
Half a container of grape tomatoes
1 cup miracle whip or mayo
½ cup sour cream
3 tbsp dill
¼ cup lemon juice
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the shells according to package adding the olive oil to water and salting with sea salt. Pre heat oven and place lobster tails in dish and bake in a butter and garlic sauce sprinkled with salt. Drain the pasta and put into large mixing bowl.
 I use roasted bell peppers for all my salads because of the flavor but you can chop 1 bell pepper and add to the pasta if you don't have roasted peppers. I chop 2 to 3 small leeks and add in the pasta mixture along with the grape tomatoes. In a separate bowl mix the miracle whip and sour cream together with the dill. Try not to skimp with the dill by using a lot of it to give the salad that dill flavor. Stir in the lemon juice with the dressing. 
Once the lobster tails are ready and flake, then mix them into the pasta. Salt the pasta with sea salt and pepper. Once done, mix the dressing for the pasta into the pasta shells and refrigerate. That is the important step to this recipe. The longer in the refrigerator the better it will taste preferably the next day. 
The peppers, onions and seasonings need time to meld with the pasta to give the dish its flavor. Take out of the refrigerator and serve cold. This recipe is good served warm but to me it takes better cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment