Crockpot Potato Soup

It's hard to believe some people can't cook as simple as cooking is. I think a lot of people make cooking harder than it is or maybe it's just laziness. Some people may feel there is a lot of work involved with cooking. That is why I love sharing ways I cook meals at home that only takes about 30 minutes preparation time. If you can cut or chop some ingredients and mix them all together then you can cook; no excuses.
Of course, I get tired of cooking all the time. It would be nice if someone would cook for me for a change. I have a child that needs to eat, and since I'm not fortunate enough to have someone to cater to me, I have to get in the kitchen and think of recipes to have for dinner.
Making use of a slow cooker is the best kitchen item to have for cooking. You simply put all the ingredients in, season and top it off with the lid. It's as easy as cake.. Several hours later you can spoon out your recipe in a bowl and then what's left over is frozen for later eating pleasure. Here's another Crockpot recipe I would like to share with you; Crockpot potato soup.
Ingredients
7 Idaho potatoes                                                   3 small baby onions
4 stalk celery
1 lb package turkey sausage
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups milk
2 cups Crème de Mexicana
1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning
Salt and white pepper to taste
Peel the potatoes, wash and put in a bowl of water. Cut up the onions and celery. For this recipe, I used 3 small baby onions, but 1 large one will be okay. I used turkey polish sausage for this recipe since I wanted to go a lighter version of the soup. Cut the sausage and potatoes into 1 inch pieces and add to Crockpot. Add in the cut vegetables.
 I had some reserved chicken stock and poured it over the meat and vegetables in the Crockpot. Add in 2 cups milk and 2 cups Crème de Mexicana. If you don't have Crème de Mexicana, then using regular heavy cream or half and half is okay. Season with garlic and herb seasoning, salt and white pepper; cover and slow cook on low for about 6 hours or until the vegetables are fork tender. Serve hot with a grilled cheese sandwich on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment