Festive seasons usually come with challenges; it can be so hard to maintain good healthy habits with all the foods that are available. But for the sake of self-love, you can take charge and ensure that the foods you eat contribute positively to the health of your body. The following is an example of a recipe that you can make good use of during festive seasons.
To prepare this, you will need to have a whole chicken, around 35 gloves of garlic, 1 lemon and onion, Italian seasoning blend (preferably homemade), salt and pepper and other things like thyme, sage, rosemary, marjoram, basil and oregano.
The following are the steps for preparing this meal.
1. Spread the sliced onions as well as the peeled garlic on the bottom of the crock pot.
2. Using cold water, wash the chicken and then pat it dry.
3. After that put the chicken on top of the onions and garlic.
4. Squeeze lemon juice on the chicken and then season the chicken using salt, Italian blend and paper.
5. After that you will need to put the lemon pieces in the cavities of the chicken.
6. Cover the crock pot with a lid and then allow it to cook slowly for about 6 hours.
7. When the chicken has been cooked, you will need to remove it and then put it on a plate. Shred the chicken to separate it from bones and then put it back in broth with the onions as well as garlic.
8. Discard the bones and have fun eating the lemon garlic crock pot chicken.
This is just one among the many Paleo recipes. Hope you enjoy trying this one.