· ½ pound red potatoes, chopped into ½ to 1 inch pieces
· 1 large russet potato, chopped
· 4 tablespoons butter
· 2 cup water
· 1 cup flour1/2 cup red or white onion, diced
· 2 teaspoons chicken buillon
· 5 teaspoons minced garlic
· ½ teaspoon onion salt
· ½ teaspoon black pepper
· 1-2 teaspoons smoked paprika
· 1-2 cups corn, canned or frozen
· ½ cup shard cheddar cheese, shredded
· 8-10 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium high heat. Add flour and stir until thick. Add water, chicken buillon, and garlic. Stir 1-2 minutes, then add potatoes. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
2. Stir in diced onion, onion salt, black pepper, and smoked paprika. Cook about 5 minutes, then stir in corn, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Add water, one tablespoon at a time, to thin to desired consistency. Top with additional bacon and cheddar cheese if desired.