The sea is a generous supply of foods rich in vitamins. This is obvious from the fact that more than 3.5 billion people depend on the seas and oceans as a primary source of food. Globally speaking, sea food is richer in protein compared to sheep, poultry and cattle.
Fish is the most common sea food eaten by man, and has a wide variety of nutrients including vitamins A and D, magnesium, phosphorus and selenium. These nutrients are necessary for the development and improvement of the brains of infants. For adults, it helps in the protection against stroke and heart diseases. Here are some benefits of eating fish as research has revealed that eating fish is beneficial to our bodies in many ways.
• Good For The Heart - Have you ever wondered why people in the arctic region has very low levels of heart disease? It's the fish they consume. Fish contains lots of omega-3 and it is low in saturated fats. Omega-3 lowers the amount of cholesterol in the blood and protects the heart against disease. Some even suggested that an extra fish meal reduces the risk of heart disease by half.
• Healthier Joints - It has been discovered that symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis has been eased when suffers eat fish as part of a balanced diet. Eating more of sea foods can help to prevent this condition.
• Brighter Eyes - The human eyes is made bright and healthy through the regular consumption of oil-rich fish. For those who are suffering from defective eyesight especially in old age, omega-3 fatty acids can help improve sight, especially for those suffering from age-related macular degeneration (AMD). This is a condition that causes the vision to become blurry. Fish also contains vitamin A which boosts night vision.
• Basic Nutrient - By eating fish, you are providing your body with the necessary nutrient it needs, these are what keeps us healthy. Some of them are selenium, iodine, potassium and zinc. Iodine is important for a healthy thyroid gland, and selenium generates the enzymes which helps protect us from cancer.
• Glowing Skin - Have you ever wondered the secret of a wonderful skin look? A regular dose of fish meal will do that. Omega 3 does not only help protect our skin from the effect of ultra violet waves, it can also help with the relieving of skin conditions like eczema. It is a true source of protein which is necessary for collagen that is required for a healthy, firm and flexible skin.
• Increases Brain Power - The brain is made up of mostly fat with most of it being omega 3. Most researchers have proven that those who eat sea foods are less likely to suffer from memory problems and dementia in their latter life. The DHA, an omega-3 found in sea foods have been linked to an improved memory function in children.Author : Keith Auerbach