Have you ever wanted to make a Dump Cake? The answer is probably not, right! However, when you get down to it, this Cake has about as much relation to a dump or transfer station as rain has to snow.
It's true that rain and snow are water and fall from the sky, but, there is a world of difference between them. The Dump Cake is in the same league.
Recently, while looking around for a goodie, the name Caramel Apple Dump Cake Recipe jumped up from the screen. The cake name seemed to offer two choices:
- It would taste great and be finished before it left the kitchen
- It would make another nice addition to the landfill
A Quick Cake to Make
Don't let the fact that this cake can be thrown together in about 14 minutes flat fool you into thinking this is a marginal cake because it isn't. This confection consists of a pudding cake at its bottom.
From there, using a fork to mix it up, you place the rest of the ingredients into the cake dish and you mix away.
Which Cake Is It?
This is the kind of cake that lends itself to anything. Whether one wants apple or peach or blueberry or strawberry, it will work with any of them. For this particular version apple pie was chosen.
1. Spray a 9 by 13 baking dish with anti-stick cooking spray
2. Add the apple filling and the caramel at the same time
3. Squeeze a little lemon juice
4. Add some cinnamon
5. Stir with fork
Because this is really an upside-down pudding cake -- the pudding mix is in the center and any cake mix that is used -- is placed at the top, take these steps:
1. Open the cake mix and spread all over the top of the cake
2. Pour the melted butter over the cake
3. Add the pecans
4. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes
The Final Stages
Because this is a cake that take whipped cream as a duck takes to water, it's a good idea to make a good whipped cream with cold whisk, bowl and cream. It will take about 8 minutes to finish this up. When the whipped cream is ready, do the following:
- Add powered sugar
- Vanilla and cinnamon
- Be sure to have extra whipped cream available
- Be sure to have extra caramel available
With this finished, you're done, now take the first piece and leave the rest in the refrigerator. It's almost a guarantee it won't last long.